Transitioning from home into one of the assisted living facilities Fremont NE is a huge step for any senior. Being used to the comforts of home, any resident would go through a major adjustment when moving into the facility, and it can be an overwhelming experience for many.
This is why families play an important role in making this step a lot easier for senior residents because no matter how good assisted living facilities Fremont NE are, nothing still beats the support and care of family members for their loved ones in these facilities.
Transitioning to Assisted Living Facilities Fremont NE
Since moving into assisted living can be a stressful experience for many seniors, it’s important to ensure a smooth transition with these tips:
Involve the senior in the planning process.
- Since he’s the one moving, it’s very important to give him the freedom to make important decisions with the move. Always communicate with the resident and talk him through the steps of the moving process.
Offer emotional support.
- Transitioning is a very emotional experience for anyone, so having strong emotional support will help make things easier for the resident. Listen to what he has to say and validate his feelings without any judgment.
Set expectations during the transition.
- Moving into assisted living isn’t as simple as packing your loved one’s things and bringing him to the facility. It involves a long process that may be overwhelming to the resident, which is why it’s very important to set proper expectations from the get-go.
The Role of Family in the Transition to Assisted Living Facilities Fremont NE
As a family member, here’s how you can support your loved one through the process of moving into one of the assisted living facilities Fremont NE:
- You need to let your loved one know that while he’s moving into assisted living, you’ll still be there to support him in everything. Presence is everything when helping seniors transition into assisted living, so make sure that you’re there every step of the way.
- Sometimes, seniors may feel that their loved ones don’t want them anymore, which is why they’re going to assisted living. This is why it’s imperative to communicate properly with your loved one and assure him that this is for his benefit and that being in the facility is a lot safer for him.
Make time for your loved one in Assisted Living Facilities Fremont NE
- You can never forget to make time for your loved one, especially during the first few weeks of transitioning into assisted living. Visit as often as you can or call every day to let your loved one know that you’re there. This will make him feel safer and secure knowing that his family is thinking of him.
At the end of the day, transitioning into assisted living isn’t only a journey for the resident but also for their family. So, if you’re in this season of your loved one’s life, make sure that you take an active role in helping him in every possible way that you can.
Looking for excellent care in Nebraska? Click here to learn more about Providence Memory!
Providence Place of Fremont is proud to offer its Assisted Living Services to Fremont NE and its Surrounding areas and Cities: Inglewood, Cedar Bluffs, Ames, Leshara, Arlington, Fontanelle, Nickerson, Telbasta, and North Bend