Mother’s Day is one of the most underrated celebrations of the year. Mothers are, after all, the heart and soul of every home and they work hard every day to keep the family together. But sometimes, mothers don’t get the celebration they deserve, especially those who are old and in assisted living Fremont NE since their families are already too busy with their own lives.
That shouldn’t be the case, however, as these mothers deserve the absolute best on this one special day dedicated to them.
In assisted living Fremont NE, Mother’s Day is celebrated by:
- Let the families be involved in the planning process of the celebration, no matter how simple it is.
- Giving the seniors a say on what they might want to do during this special day.
- Planning activities throughout the day to keep the seniors entertained and engaged with the healthcare team, their families, and other members of the community.
- Giving residents gifts from families, staff, and friends that they’ll surely cherish for a long time.
Mother’s Day gift ideas for residents in assisted living Fremont NE
Now, if your mom, aunt, or even friend is in assisted living Fremont NE, make this year extra special for her by giving her one of these beautiful gifts to honor her motherhood:
- A journal is one of the best gifts that you can give to a mother, so she can write down memories, thoughts, and anything else she wants to remember in the future.
- Puzzles have always been great gifts to residents in assisted living Fremont NE because they help sharpen the mind and preserve the memory, especially to those suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. You have many options when it comes to puzzles like Word Search, Crosswords and Sudoku, which are all easy to play and enjoyable for seniors.
A magazine subscription.
- Whether your mom loves interior design, cooking, or fashion, nothing beats the joy of browsing through the pages of a magazine. So, why not get her a subscription to her favorite magazine so she can always have the newest copy to add to her collection? You can pay for a subscription to Reader’s Digest, Bon Appetit, or Southern Living and your mom will surely love it.
Of course, you can’t miss Mother’s Day without visiting your mom and sharing the day with her. You can surprise her with a bouquet of flowers and prepare her favorite food for you to share over lunch or dinner.
For sure, your mom will love having the entire family around during this special day. After all, she deserves the love and time for raising you and taking care of your family when she was still able to do so.
Looking for excellent senior care in Nebraska? Click here to learn more about Providence Memory!
Providence Place of Fremont is proud to offer its Assisted Living Services to Fremont NE and its Surrounding areas and Cities: Inglewood, Cedar Bluffs, Ames, Leshara, Arlington, Fontanelle, Nickerson, Telbasta, and North Bend