The senior adults in the assisted living community have survived the difficult challenge of the COVID19 pandemic. This year’s celebration of National Assisted Living Week is during September 12th – 18th. It is a perfect opportunity for celebrating residents and the workforce who continuously contribute to the community.
Whether you have a family member in an assisted living facility, staff, or a volunteer, it is just right to honor these individuals.
What is National Assisted Living Week?
The first National Assisted Living Week was in 1995 by the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL). Since then, the event has been celebrated every year all over the country to commemorate the residents that they serve the staff, volunteers, and the importance of assisted living communities in caring for seniors and those with disabilities.
In addition, the annual celebration is also a perfect time to educate members of society about the significance of assisted professional care in the country.
Theme for 2021
This year’s theme is “Compassion, Community, Caring”. The 3 Cs honor the hard work and dedication that the caregivers have shown to the residents of assisted living communities during the height of the pandemic.
The theme also reflects the importance of family and staying connected despite physical restrictions.
While every celebration each year is important, this year is extra special due to the challenges from the pandemic.
Ways To Thank Assisted Living Caregivers For Their Work
- Provide individual gift bags to recognize their dedication and hard work. This is also an excellent way to involve residents. Taking a poll of how residents would like to best pool together gifts can help gather budget-friendly options. Gifts like cards, baked goodies, hand sanitizers, lip balm, or gift cards are excellent choices.
- Simple token recognition can show caregivers their efforts do not go unrecognized. Families and residents can organize awards for the best problem-solver, best attitude, best smile, best listener, and more.
- A raffle on the last day of the celebration is also a fun way to honor the caregivers. This is an alternative if you are working on a tight budget and cannot provide gift bags for all caregivers.
- Another way to honor the selfless caregivers is by throwing ice cream parties or pizza days. To add to the creativity, you can do build your own sundae bars or make your own pizza parties.
- If the budget allows, you may want to order salads, subs, or burritos for the staff. Arrange staggered arrivals of orders to accommodate varying shifts. This way, food is packed individually to save you from the tedious work of food preparation.
Each of these ideas is an excellent way to celebrate the hard work of caregivers. Appreciation and a meaningful thank you can go a long way.
Are you looking for information on a reliable and fun memory care facility in Nebraska? Click here to visit our memory care information page!
Providence Place of Fremont is proud to offer its Assisted Living Services to Fremont NE and its Surrounding areas and Cities: Inglewood, Cedar Bluffs, Ames, Leshara, Arlington, Fontanelle, Nickerson, Telbasta, and North Bend